A GROUP FOR DATING & CHRONIC ILLNESS
Dating while managing a chronic Illness comes up often in my sessions with clients. Many people long to date but are not sure how to navigate dating with a chronic illness. This group serves to talk through these issues with others who are experiencing them too and find answers to the following questions:
- where & how do I put myself out there?
- when & how do I tell the person I am dating about my condition?
- how do I explain some of my limitations without feeling like a burden?
- how do I ask my partner about their STD history and protection?
- do I put my medical condition on my dating profile?
- having a medical condition makes me feel less than confident, will that change?
- how can I feel more empowered sexually?